Wednesday, July 19, 2023

The Animated Athlete-- Sprint V

 Hello everyone!

So this week brought a lot of progress to the Animated Athlete project. While I still have some progress I would like to make on the project as a whole, I, for the most part, was able to achieve my goals.

Here is the animation I produced this week. I looped it several times, so you can see that it transitions seamlessly from the first frame to the last one. 

Over the course of the Sprint, I had the following goals:

  • Ensure ball rotation looked natural.
  • Redo ball animation entirely.
  • Reference a new rig for the ball.
  • Add facial expressions to give Ray life.
  • Fix sliding feet issues.
  • Ensure that shoulder and back motion look good.
While I was able to accomplish all of those goals, here are some aspects that I want to improve by the final sprint: 
  • Ensure the character squashes/stretches properly.
  • Reference out the old ball (beneath Ray).
  • Add additional squash and stretch to the bouncing balls. 
  • Plant the feet fully on the ground.
Here are the ways I am going to achieve these final goals:
  • Continuing to iterate based on feedback. 
  • Seeking feedback from teachers.
  • Learning the graph editor further.
  • Learning more about constraints.
Overall, this Sprint has been my most productive one yet, especially in terms of the quality of the work I was able to produce. 



All in all, I spent about 10-15 hours over the last few weeks on this animation. I was able to meet all of my goals that I set in Jira, too, which helped me continue to make excellent progress on the animation. 



Here is the Sprint Map, to refresh your memory.



So, as this project is wrapping up, you might be wondering where I am going to direct my attention in the future. Since Industry Review is fast approaching, I've decided to really polish up the animation in time for it. I am on schedule, according to my Jira timeline, so I will continue to iterate and get a final couple rounds of feedback from Johnathan and the class. 



As always, I appreciate you all taking a look at my stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment